If you are serious about modelling then you will understand that your portfolio is your most important promotional item; it must show-case you as a versatile model in varying scenarios. Therefore, your portfolio is an important investment in your future career.
Here are some pointers when preparing your portfolio:
- Most importantly, ensure that you are comfortable with your photographer. Your level of comfort shows in your body language and facial expressions, this will greatly influence the efficacy of your photographs.
- Make use a professional photographer who knows how to show-case your assets, minimize your flaws and whom you can trust.
- Use a reputable make-up artist to assist you with different looks. I have preferred artists that I can recommend.
- Wear clothing that fits well and is neutral in colour in order to maintain the focus on you.
- Start with a minimum of 3 looks, however, it depends on the nature of the work that you are targeting. Evening-wear, casual-wear and bikini shots are the most common to begin with.
- You only need 6 – 12 images to start off with. Plan your shoot, discuss your ideas with your photographer and make-up artist and remember that LESS is MORE.
- Your shoot theme should tell a story.
If you are interested in doing a shoot with me, feel free to contact me. Let’s discuss your ideas and together we can move you one step closer to making your dreams a reality.